To connect a Yahoo! calendar to Vyte you will need to generate an app password on Yahoo and to add a CalDAV calendar to Vyte.
Generate your Yahoo! app password :
To generate an app password follow following instructions, it is for security purpose so you don’t need to share your main yahoo password.
- Login to Yahoo calendar with your yahoo email address and password. You will see your yahoo calendar.
- On the upper right corner click on your username (whatever your username), then on Account info.
3. On the left pane click on Account Security, go down and you will see Generate app password, if you already have the password for any other app then you will see Manage app password. Click on that
4. New small window will appear in front of you, In that have to click on Select your app, scroll down and other app and enter “Vyte” as app name, and click on generate.
5. You will see your app password, click done. Copy that password and you can use that while adding yahoo account to your Vyte.
Add your Yahoo calendar to Vyte :
- Login to Vyte
- Then, on the upper right corner, click on your profile (you can see down arrow next to it), then setting.
3. New page will appear, scroll down and you will see option Add calendar account click on it.
4. On new window select option Add a CalDAV calendar.
5. In the new window fill the options, server, username and password and click on save
For example: if your user email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Then your server url will be : https://caldav.calendar.yahoo.com/dav/dhanashri/calendar/
Username: your yahoo email address
Password: app password which you generated previously
7. You can see your calendar account has been added.